Philippine Daily Inquirer
THAIFEX – World of Food Asia is now THAIFEX – Anuga ASIA
The largest dedicated food and beverage (F&B) trade show in the region, THAIFEX – World of Food Asia, is returning in the year 2020 with the new name THAIFEX – Anuga ASIA. It expects to get greater attention more than ever from all the participants.
THAIFEX - World of Food Asia, well known as Thailand Food Exhibition, has been a significant event held annually by the Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce since 1991.
In 2003, the format of the exhibition was developed to be more universal with closely cooperation with two key partner agencies, Thailand Chamber of Commerce and Koelnmesse. Within almost three decades, the event has been recognized worldwide amongst food and beverage industries as well as related business as the biggest and most comprehensive food and beverage fair in Asia.
THAIFEX - World of Food Asia 2019 was another year that it had hosted the event in the whole area of the venues of both Challenger Halls 1 – 3 and IMPACT Exhibition Center Halls 5 – 12 with a total area of more than 131,000 square meters with the number of exhibitors more than 2,700 companies from 42 countries generating more than $360 million of the sales values. The top five ranked products on sales volumes were beverages, fruits and vegetables, rice, food technology and food service businesses.
The focus of the trade fair remains unchanged – to catalyse business, trade and networking opportunities for the industry. “The refreshed brand of THAIFEX-ANUGA Asia affirms the global standard of the trade fair as a springboard for F&B businesses in Thailand and Asia to connect with the rest of the world. THAIFEX- Anuga Asia is without a doubt a key business-to-business gateway for the F&B industry” said Banjongjitt Angsusingh, Director General of DITP.
“Due to the continuous growth of the event, the three organizers have considered together and agreed on the change of the name from THAIFEX World of Food Asia to THAIFEX - Anuga ASIA from the year 2020 onwards” said Wittayakorn Maneenetr, Deputy Director General of DITP.
For the up - coming event which will be held from May 26 to 30, 2020, all the participants are expecting to explore special activities and additional highlights involves 9 zones as follows:
(1) The "Street Food to the World" zone: Bringing Street Food entrepreneurs with quality products that surely meet international standards and are ready to be exported to the world.
(2) The "New Protein Sources (Insect / Plant)" zone: Giving information on New Protein Sources (Insect / Plant) as well as showing new protein source products processed from both insects and plants.
(3) The "Free - form Products" zone: Providing information on Free - form Products in various categories, such as Gluten - free / Lactose - free / Glucose - free / MCFA - free / Chemical – free.
(4) The “The Best of Functional Food” zone: Exhibiting information on Functional Food / Novelty Food / Vegan as well as products.
(5) The “Excellence Food Ingredients and the Hidden Story of Fish Sauce / Sriracha Sauce / Coconut Cream & Milk” zone: Giving information on food ingredients and product true stories about fish sauce, Sriracha and coconut milk.
(6) The "Asia’s Herb to the World" zone: Displaying fresh and processed herbal products being used in the food and beverage industry.
(7) The “Asia's Best Franchises” zone: Gathering the leading Thai and international operators in the food and drink industry with the potential franchises to present their business in order to attract visitors and create business opportunities together.
(8) The "New Faces: The Provincial Oriented" zone: The introduction of new food and beverage entrepreneurs with international quality and potential products originated from the Thai local businessmen.
(9) "The Standard of Organics", "Halal to The World", 60+ and Mom & Kids’s Products zones: Bringing innovative products in food and beverage from various newly entrepreneurs.
THAIFEX - Anuga ASIA 2020 will be held at Challenger Halls 1 - 3 and Impact Exhibition Center Halls 5 - 12 at Impact Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok, Thailand. More information about the event is available at www.thaifex-anuga.com or Facebook: THAIFEX World of Food Asia