Philippine Daily Inquirer
16 STARTUPS SECURE SLOTS IN IDEASPACE PROGRAM
Ideaspace recently wrapped up its preacceleration program for its 2020 startup competition, the first in the accelerator’s history to be delivered primarily online.
The program consisted of a four-day boot camp, with speakers discussing topics such as business models, idea validation, research design, human-centered design, operations, technology project and product management, strategic financial management, marketing for startups, managing remote teams and building a strong work culture; and a sixweek preacceleration program, where founders plotted and worked toward key milestones to improve their technology and market readiness levels.
Ideaspace mentors and alumni were matched with the startups based on the industry they were in, their level of maturity, and their shared experiences.
These 16 teams will be moving on to Ideaspace’s fourmonth acceleration program. The startups that have qualified for the program will receive equity-free funding, and noncash support including training, mentoring and legal services. By the end of the acceleration program, the top three startups will get an equity investment of P1 million each from Ideaspace.
This year’s cohort is composed of the following startups:
• Agro-digitalph is a suite of value-chain solutions for agricultural cooperatives and small landholder farmer organizations that aims to raise farmers’ incomes through virtual aggregation and end to end value chain solutions.
• Cerebrolms is a learning management system with ready-made Department of Education- and Commission on Higher Education-aligned instructional content saving teachers up to 400 hours of preparation time per year.
• Farmvocacy is a farming-agri technology platform that allows Filipino smallholder rice farmers to earn fairly and gives consumers a safer and more convenient way of buying rice, uplifting farmers lives through sustainable living from farm to plate.
• Giving Hero provides tech solutions for nonprofit organizations, making it easier for them to receive donations, process donor information, and create donor analytics.
• Humble is a value-driven marketplace, focused on sustainability and circularity. They help people declutter their homes and offices by collecting and repurposing items.
• Maharlikart is an online marketplace and marketplace-management platform that provides wet market stall owners a solution to sell their produce online through hyper-local matching.
• Mash&co develops innovative, linear and nonlinear audiovisual and edutainment solutions for children and families to develop social, environmental, critical thinking and emotional intelligence.
• Medhyve is a medical e-marketspace that empowers small and medium medical institutions by making procurement simple, fast and efficient for everybody.
• Quid District provides a centralized online marketplace with a stock exchange-like user experience and an authentication-based service to increase customer trust level and cater to the extreme sneaker demands in the market.
• TADAH is an online and outdoor life experience gift platform. Instead of material things, they sell life experience gifts that create unforgettable moments from passionate individuals and companies who want to share their skills and talents to earn money.
• Takefive Outdoors is a platform where travelers can join outdoor trips organized by outdoor experts.
• Tank Masters utilizes Industrial Internet of Things to make LPG tanks smarter; making it possible to manage inventory and track deliveries remotely through radio-frequency identification.
• Urban Greens aims to modernize the Philippine agribusiness and produce scene through the implementation of innovative vertical hydroponic farming methods in underutilized, unmonetized spaces to bring sustainable farming and produce to urban citizens.
• Vetmo is an online platform that connects pet owners to vets for online consultation.
• Workbean is an employer branding platform that helps companies win the war for talent by showcasing their workplace, people and culture while validating their employer brand with their employees.
• Worky.ph is a data-driven career matching platform that uses an intelligent ranking system and artificial intelligence to execute predictive analytics for a more accurate fit for the jobseeker, the job and the company.