WHOLE SPELT RAVIOLI WITH PEA RICOTTA FILLING IN BEURRE NOISETTE (HAZELNUT BUTTER)
Ingredients: FOR THE PASTA
200 g whole spelt flour 2 eggs (preferably organic) 1 drizzle olive oil Water as needed
FOR THE BEURRE NOISETTE
125 g good quality butter 3-4 sprigs fresh lemon thyme 1 handful chopped walnuts
FOR THE FILLING
1 cup peas 200 g ricotta 1 drizzle olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
1. For the dough, make a mountain with the flour and make a small hole in the middle. In a bowl beat the eggs with olive oil and add this mixture to the flour. With the aid of a fork, mix the flour in the liquid as much as possible.
2. Knead the dough by hand and if necessary add a little water until the dough takes shape. Form a ball and cover with cling film and let stand for 30 minutes to one hour.
3. Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out each one according to the instructions of the machine, always passing 2 times in each opening. Leave the dough plates covered with a damp cloth until the time of forming the ravioli comes.
4. For the filling, blanch the peas in boiling water about two minutes. Drain the water, reserving a little, and put the peas in a food processor along with the ricotta, olive oil, salt and pepper. Grind everything and add a little cooking water if it is too consistent.
5. Put small portions of filling in one of the pasta sheets and with your finger or a brush pass water in the edges. On top roll the other sheet and seal well so that the air exit of the 'bags.' With the help of a cutter cut ravioli in the desired format.
6. In a pan put the butter and cook over medium low heat, stirring, until it begins to foam and then the butter starts to get brown (noisette). Add the lemon thyme and walnuts and let fry a little.