VISION, MISSION, GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
PHILIPPINE LIBRARIANS ASSOCIATION, INC. (PLAI)
(Revised 20 September 2014) Vision
The PLAI is a strong and dynamic association committed to the advancement of the practice of librarianship towards national development.
Anchored on its vision, the PLAI shall promote the interest and welfare of its members, and develop capacities for quality library and information service.
Constant and never-ending involvement of library professionals in the activities, programs and projects of the Association.
To accomplish its vision, mission and goal, the Association has the following objectives:
1) To oblige all practicing librarians to be duly registered and
affiliated with the Association as mandated by law;
2) To undertake programs/projects or activities that will ensure the growth and development of libraries, librarianship and librarians in the country;
3) To provide a venue to discuss problems, issues, and concerns affecting the practice of librarianship, the association and its members;
4) To strengthen linkages with local, national, and international organizations, as well as partnerships with institutions and agencies in the government and private sectors;
5) To undertake research and publications affecting the
6) To conduct a regular continuing professional development
activities for its members.