Duterte confirms he does not have cancer
AMID speculations about his health condition, President Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday, October 9, announced that he tested negative for cancer.
“It’s negative,” Duterte, 73, told Palace reporters in an interview, when asked about the results of his medical tests taken at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan, Manila last October 4.
“Hindi pa ako cancerous (I am not suffering from cancer) so do not be afraid to go near me,” the President added.
Duterte made the announcement four days af- ter his admission that he underwent another endoscopy on October 4.
The President took the medical tests for the second time and hinted that his Barrett’s esophagus condition, a serious complication of gastroesophageal reflux disease, has taken a turn for the worse.
To recall, Duterte first bared on September 21 that he had undergone colonoscopy and endoscopy to monitor his health condition since he was previously diagnosed with Barrett’s esophagus.
Duterte said his doctors had “suspicion” that there was a “growth” in his digestive tract, but were “not convinced” that he has cancer.
He said his latest medical results proved that he is not suffering from any serious illness.
“Okay naman (It is okay), as in okay and I will show you.” Duterte said.
“Naghahanap nga ako ng sakit. Umabot pa ako ng Hong Kong. Wala akong makita (I am in fact searching for an illness. I even went to Hong Kong but I could not find any),” he added in jest./sunstar Philippines