Tips for first-time expecting dads
No material thing in this world could make a man genuinely happy. His fountain of true joy, I guess, is the time when he will be called a father. I started learning a lot of things when I knew I am going to be one for the very first time. Now, I am going to share just five of the many things to do for ‘first time dads’ from my own experience.
1. PATIENCE. This should be first on the list since we will be needing buckets of it. We need to make sure that we are ready with so much patience because while our partner is pregnant, their mood is constantly changing.
2. BE WITH YOUR PARTNER. We need to be with our partner during their visit to their obstetrician-gynecologist for prenatal check-ups. This is necessary so we can also understand what our partner is going through during their pregnancy in the different trimester stages.
3. SPOIL YOUR PARTNER. Dudes, do not worry because we will not be called “under” with this. We just need to provide our partner’s desire so that despite all the changes she is facing, she can still enjoy her pregnancy. Take note that out partner should not be stressed out.
4. PREPARATION. This is not just about emotional preparation but also financially. Three months before labor, we need to prepare for the basic needs for our childlike clothes and other essentials. More so on hospital bills.
5. KEEP YOUR COMPOSURE. Brother, relax. It may seem difficult to have an obligation now that we are becoming fathers but as “Padre de Pamilya”, we need to double our effort so that we can give our loved ones a happy life.
This stage is precious and challenging at the same time. The trials will only train us to be better persons and stronger to be able to stand for our growing family. Let us just enjoy our fatherhood in any way we can./sunstar Philippines