Pinget barangay on lock­down

Sun.Star Baguio - - Front Page - Baguio City Pub­lic In­for­ma­tion Of­fice re­lease

MAYOR Ben­jamin Ma­ga­long on Wed­nes­day or­dered the lock­down of Pinget barangay af­ter of­fi­cials failed to cor­rect im­ple­men­ta­tion of the En­hanced Com­mu­nity Quar­an­tine mea­sures.

Ma­ga­long per­son­ally vis­ited prob­lem­atic barangays March 26 to en­sure anew that res­i­dents are com­ply­ing with the En­hanced Com­mu­nity Quar­an­tine pol­icy as well as the city's ex­ist­ing rules on san­i­ta­tion.

The mayor warned San Car­los Heights and Que­zon Hill. Ext. of sim­i­lar fate if they will not put their acts to­gether.

"We found out to­day that some res­i­dents con­tinue to loi­ter around and do not ad­here to the pre­scribed phys­i­cal dis­tanc­ing," the mayor said.

"I thought that af­ter get­ting a warn­ing they learned their les­son be­cause they showed im­prove­ment when I vis­ited them last week­end how­ever they did not sus­tain it," Ma­ga­long fur­ther added.

City Po­lice Di­rec­tor Allen Ray Co said they im­ple­mented the lock­out start­ing 6:30 PM to­day.

"We es­tab­lished check­points in all the en­try and exit points of the barangay and no one will be al­lowed to leave or get in ex­cept the crit­i­cal es­tab­lish­ment work­ers," Co said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Philippines

© PressReader. All rights reserved.