Global Shapers Cebu hosts ‘Maximize Our Vote’ online event
THE Global Shapers Community Cebu Hub is hosting a voter’s education livestream event dubbed “Maximize Our Vote: Election (Move) 2022,” which is open to everyone on its Facebook page on May 5, 8 p.m.
Move 2022 is an online education campaign series that aims to create a more informed and prepared voting public in the upcoming elections.
The livestream will have Cebuana YouTuber and Move 2022 project head, Charm de Leon as the host. The talk will also feature members of the campaign, Bea Evardone and Jet Luga.
The livestream will cover the following topics:
1. Politics 101: A Guide to Learning the Basics;
2. Significance of Studying Politics;
3. Discovering your own Personal Political Philosophy;
4. Understanding Philippine Politics and Government; and
5. Importance of a Participative Democracy. Interactive question-and-answer discussions are welcome during the event. The organizers will also be giving away prizes worth P10,000 to active participants.
The Global Shapers Cebu Hub firmly believes in the right and duty of every Filipino to actively participate in the democratic process of voting. Since the first quarter of the year, the Global Shapers have been conducting timely webinars to more than 600 participants across school and business organizations to help spread awareness.
The organizing body of Move 2022, the Global Shapers Community Cebu, is part of a worldwide network of hubs committed to creating positive local impact in their cities.
The Global Shapers Community Cebu hub is composed of young leaders under the age of 30 with the common desire to help improve the state of the world and Cebu.
The Cebu hub does projects focused on its four pillars of engagement: Citizen Engagement, Environmental Conservation, Business Development, and Universal Education (C.E.B.U.)
Move 2022 is supported by Augmen Digital and From Here.