15-year-old girl among Ja­pan 'serial killer' mu­ti­la­tion vic­tims

Sun.Star Pampanga - - WORLD! -


Ja­pan -- Three high school girls, in­clud­ing a 15-year-old, were among the nine peo­ple mu­ti­lated by a sus­pected serial killer in Ja­pan, re­ports said Mon­day, as one wo­man de­scribed how she had a lucky es­cape.

At least three of the vic­tims were high school pupils from dif­fer­ent re­gions and one of them was a 15-year-old girl who went miss­ing in late Au­gust, sev­eral me­dia quoted po­lice sources as say­ing.

Not all of the vic­tims have been iden­ti­fied but some were tracked down via bank cards and other items left in the apart­ment room of Takahiro Shi­raishi, where the Ja­panese man al­legedly mur­dered and hacked up nine young peo­ple.

Some cell­phones also lost con­tact near the apart­ment, re­ports said.

On the morn­ing of Hal­loween, po­lice un­cov­ered a grisly house of hor­rors be­hind Shi­raishi's front door: nine dis­mem­bered bod­ies with as many as 240 bone parts stashed in cool­ers and tool boxes, sprin­kled with cat lit­ter in a bid to hide the ev­i­dence.

He moved into the one-room apart­ment in Zama, a south­west­ern sub­urb of Tokyo, on Au­gust 22.

He is sus­pected of hav­ing lured peo­ple with sui­ci­dal ten­den­cies via Twit­ter by telling them he could help them in their plans or even die along­side them.

He re­port­edly went ahead with killing peo­ple even af­ter re­al­is­ing what they had wanted was just to talk rather than to die.

"I had no in­ten­tion of killing my­self at all. None (of the vic­tims) wanted to die ac­tu­ally," the pri­vate Fuji tele­vi­sion net­work quoted Shi­raishi as telling in­ves­ti­ga­tors.

He al­legedly hanged vic­tims af­ter giv­ing them al­co­hol or sleep­ing pills or stran­gling them un­til they fainted.

He may have con­tin­ued to kill if not ar­rested.

A wo­man in her 20s claims to have ar­ranged a meet­ing with Shi­raishi for the day af­ter he was even­tu­ally ar­rested af­ter dis­cussing sui­cide via email and phone for two months.

He re­fused to talk when she said she could hear a wo­man groan­ing in the back­ground dur­ing a tele­phone con­ver­sa­tion on one Oc­to­ber night.

"He had given me two op­tions. One was that he makes me un­con­scious by putting sleep drug in my drink and then stran­gles me with a rope. The other was that he stran­gles me with a rope from be­hind while I'm watch­ing TV or some­thing," she told the Fuji net­work.

"If I had met with him, I may have been dis­mem­bered like other vic­tims. I may be lucky but I'm rather scared now."



Sus­pect Takahiro Shi­raishi (C) cov­ers his face with his hands as he is trans­ported to the prose­cu­tor's of­fice from a po­lice sta­tion in Tokyo on Novem­ber 1, 2017.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Philippines

© PressReader. All rights reserved.