Duterte 'in perfect shape' after migraine attack
PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is in "perfect shape" after suffering from migraine attack last March 15, Malacañang said on Monday, March 18.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said the President recuperated weekly from migraine and went back to work after taking some rest.
"He had a migraine but after three hours of rest, he recovered and he went to work, reading so many documents. He just stayed at the house [in Davao City]," the Palace official said in a press conference.
Asked if Duterte was in "perfect shape," Panelo said, "Definitely."
Duterte was supposed to lead the ceremonial distribution of certifications of land ownership and attend the People's Political Grand Rally in Davao City on March 15, but missed the public engagements due to migraine.
On February 1, the 73-year-old President also skipped a peace and order summit with village officials in Leyte because of slight fever.
Duterte's absence from public eye for a few days last month has sparked speculations that he already passed away.
The President is open to his health condition, as he previously admitted that he is suffering from chronic back pains and migraine because of spinal injury he sustained in a motorcycle mishap.
He has also admitted to having Barrett's esophagus condition and Berguer's disease.
In September 2018, Duterte revealed that he had underwent endoscopy and colonoscopy because of his doctor's suspicion that the "growth" in his digestive tract had developed into cancer.
Duterte, in October 2018, then assured the public that he tested negative for cancer, based on his medical results.
Panelo reiterated to the public that there was nothing serious in the President's health condition.
"It's the usual migraine that affects him every now and then," he said.
"He's okay. As I said, he concentrated on his work, the paper work. There are so many things to read and to study," he added.