Noel Boulevard, Talisay City, Cebu
The "Talisay Boulevard," the broad street then tree-lined going to Poblacion, where the Municipal Hall (now converted as Talisay City College) and the Teresa de Avila Parish Church is situated actually has an official name. The Talisay Boulevard was constructed and financed from the pork barrel fund of the late Congressman Maximino Noel during his tenure of office as congressman of the then 3rd District of Cebu.
The Municipal Council of Talisay through Resolution No. 70- 89 named the street Noel Boulevard as fitting honor of Congressman Maximino Noel. The resolution was passed on September 27, 1970.
Maximino Noel, was the son of Don Florencio Mercado Noel and Dona Filomena Jaen. He was born on May 29, 1879 and died on July 6, 1969. He was married to Lucila Florido Cuico. His father, Florencio was the first Gobernadorcillo of Carcar, from 1901 to 1905. Maximino replaced his older brother Mariano as President of Carcar in 1916. His other brother, Vicente, also became Mayor of Carcar.
Maximino was the longest serving Congressman of then 3rd District of Cebu, composed of the municipalities of Carcar, Minglanilla, Naga, San Fernando and Talisay. He was elected and held office from 1928 to 1931, then reelected in 1931 to 1934, reelected in 1938 to 1941, from 1941 to 1946, elected again in 1946 to 1949, ran and won again in 1957 to 1961 and 1961 to 1965.
The Talisay Municipal Council was then headed by Mayor Rafael C. Rabaya, while the Vice Mayor was Marciano Bacus. The Councilors were Bibiano Gabison, Antonio Empaces, Eugenio Abastillas, Sixto Empuerto, Guerillito L. Rosario, Mamerto Canton and Ignacio Rabaya. The Municipal Secretary then was Fortunato L. Cabanero.
Aside from the boulevard, a school is named after Maximino, under Republic Act 8638, the Valladolid National High School Extension in Carcar (now a city) was converted into a separate and independent from the Valladolid National High School and to be called as "Rep. Maximino Noel (Guadalupe) National High School". The school naming became a law on May 17, 1998.