Villamor backs Phl Masters II
The Villamor Golf Club has re-affirmed its commitment and support to the ICTSI Villamor Philippine Masters following its successful revival last year, guaranteeing its staging until next season with an eye of making VGC a top golfing destination.
“It’s all systems go. We’ll be hosting the Phl Masters in 2018 and 2019,” said Lt. Gen. Galileo Gerard Kintanar Jr., commanding general of the Philippine Air Force. “That’s our commitment. The PAF acknowledges that Villamor is the Masters original home and we are happy to be part of this international event.”
Clyde Mondilla edged Tony Lascuña, Jhonnel Ababa and American Nicolas Paez to win the Masters’ revival on a six-under 282 aggregate with organizers expecting a fiercer, tougher battle for top honors in the rich event firing off May 23.
PGT general manager Colo Ventosa said some of the foreign players who competed last year will be back in the four-day championship over a relatively flat but challenging layout noted for its length, tight tree-lined fairways and roughs that will surely provide problems even for best of the best. “We’ll have some of the international players who joined last year in the field again,” said Ventosa, who recently met with Kintanar and Villamor GM Guillermo Molina Jr. to finalize plans and ensure the smooth staging of the blue-ribbon event sponsored by ICTSI.
Lt. Gen. Galileo Gerard Kintanar Jr. (center), Philippine Air Force commanding general, poses with Philippine Golf Tour general manager Colo Ventosa (left) and Villamor Golf Club general manager Guillermo Molina Jr. after sealing the ICTSI Villamor Philippine Masters staging till 2019 at its home course.