Abducted businessman found dead in Bacolod City
Victim was a previously-surrendered drug suspect
A businessman who was allegedly abducted late Monday night was found dead yesterday morning in Bacolod City. Police identified the fatality as 66-year-old Ontao Sacar, a native of Marawi City, Lanao del Sur and presently residing in Bacolod City’s Barangay 10.
Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) spokesperson, Police Lt. Colonel Ariel Pico, said Sacar and his livein partner were walking through Barangay 8 after having dinner at a fastfood restaurant when a red sport utility vehicle stopped in front of them. Two men armed with high-powered firearms then exited the vehicle and forcibly dragged Sacar into the SUV.
The vehicle then sped away towards an undetermined direction.
Sacar’s live-in partner immediately visited Police Station 1 to report the incident and officers responded by conducting a follow-up operation but the suspects managed to get away.
The case was later referred to Police Station 2, as the place where the incident occurred was under their jurisdiction.
By Tuesday morning, Sacar’s remains were discovered by a security guard at the rear of a wellknown hotel in Barangay Mandalagan and Police Station 3 was immediately contacted.
Pico noted, the victim was hogtied, while his head was covered with duct tape and his mouth was covered by packing tape. An initial autopsy performed by scene of the crime operatives found the victim had a bullet wound on the left side of his face.
The words “I love
Drugs” was also written on the body, along with a cardboard sign reading: “Wag tularan, big time pusher ako.”
According to Pico, based on the BCPO records, Sacar was a previously-surrendered drug suspect who gave himself up to Police Station 6 in September 2018.
The BCPO spokesperson stated, however, they are not yet considering the case as being drug-related as they were instructed by BCPO director, Police Colonel Henry Biñas, to review all possible angle, such as a business dispute, personal grudges, among other possible motives.
“We are not disregarding [the possibility] the case [may have] stemmed from illegal drugs, but we are also looking at business interests and personal grudges because he is a businessman,” Pico said.
The law enforcement official also noted, the abduction appeared to have been planned and the victim was possibly being stalked by the suspects.
He added, they are also looking into the possibility that the victim may be connected to Mohaisin Magondacan, who was arrested in Barangay Alijis last month after police recovered P1.2 million of suspected shabu from his residence.
Pico said it is “too early” to call the incident is a “salvage case,” or if vigilantes were involved.
Police continue to conduct investigations into the matter.
The victim, identified as 66-year-old Ontao Sacar, was a previously-surrendered drug suspect who gave himself up to Police Station 6 in September 2018.
A businessman who was allegedly abducted late Monday night was found dead yesterday morning in Bacolod City.