Double delight for al-Emadi
It was double delight for Khalid Mohamed al-Emadi after he scooped two wins at the third leg of the Hathab national equestrian series yesterday. The Qatar rider was in fine form at Al Shaqab as he claimed the Big Tour and Open class titles.
The 24-year-rider strode out on his mount Fiji, an eight-year-old bay gelding, in the Big Tour and cleared the 1.30/.145m fences with ease to top times in both the routine and jump-off. Al-Emadi clocked 81.20secs and 41.09secs respectively to finish with fastest times.
This was after he had piloted 15-yearold bay mare Dolce Vita to victory in the Open Class as he topped the One round against the clock (1.15/1.25m) event with a best time of 56.88secs.
Given Emadi’s dominance, it was a tough act to catch up but Cyrine Cherif on her trusted mount Gerlin VD Waterkant did impressively well with faultless runs and time of 79.37secs and 42.43secs in the jump-off to claim the runners-up place in the Big Tour.
Mohamed Said Haidan on Casanova finished third clocking 42.56secs in the jump-off.
In the Open class, Ghanim Nasser alQadi riding Jalieny Diamant was second in 58.05secs, while Abdullah Ali al-Ajeil on Wadi Rum DH third with 59.99secs.
Among the Future Riders, in the Optimum Time (85/100cm) class, Saoud Abdulla al-Kubaisi (on Selest); was the winner in 53.75secs, while Sheikh Khalid bin Ali al-Thani (Loughnatousa Rafa) came second in 49.99secs. Sultan Nasser al-Bader riding Funny Thing finished third.
In the One round against the clock (70/85cm) event, Abdulaziz Khalid alBukhari on Dusty Moon (Shakira) emerged on top, followed by Abdulhadi Salah Alyafei (Friedrichshof Dark Dream) and Abdulla Fahad al-Rumaihi (Ikebana Des Hayettes).
Big Tour: Table A, One round with JumpOff, Art. 238.2.2 (130/145cm); Prize-money QR35,000
1. Khalid Mohamed al-Emadi (Fiji); Faults: 0; Time:81.20secs; Jump-off: Faults: 0; Time: 41.09secs; Prize:QR8,750
2. Cyrine Cherif (Gerlin VD Waterkant); 0; 79.37secs; 0; 42.43secs; QR7,000.
3. Mohamed Said Haidan (Casanova); 0; 83.94secs; 0; 42.56secs; QR5,250
Open Class: Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 (115/125cm); Prizemoney QR15,000
1. Khalid Mohamed al-Emadi (Dolce Vita); Faults: 0; Time: 56.88secs’ Prize: QR3,750
2. Ghanim Nasser al-Qadi (Jalieny Diamant Z); 0; 58.05secs; QR3,000
3. Abdullah Ali al-Ajeil (Wadi Rum DDH); 0; 59.99secs; QR2,250
Future Riders: Optimum Time (85/100cm)
1. Saoud abdulla al-Kubaisi (Selest); 0; 53.75secs
2. Sheikh Khalid bin Ali al-Thani (Loughnatousa Rafa); 0; 49.99secs
3. Sultan Nasser al-Bader (Funny Thing); 0; 49.26secs
Future Riders | Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 | 70/85cm 1. Ab du lazizKh alida l-Bukh ari( Dusty Moon (Shakira)) 2. Abdul had iS ala hA ly afei( Friedrich sh of Dark Dream) 3. Ab dull a Fa had al-Rum ai hi( Ike ban a Des Hay et t es ).
Khalid Mohamed al-Emadi astride Fiji celebrates after winning the Big Tour class during the third leg of the Hathab national equestrian series at Al Shaqab yesterday. At bottom, Saoud abdulla al-Kubaisi rides Selest to victory in the Future Riders Optimum Time (85/100cm) class.