GETTING TO KNOW YOU
Anew inter-active series of programmes from IETV to engender pride in our nation by promoting literacy and local general knowledge. The series can be viewed on channels 118 (FLOW), 102 (Karib analogue), 32 (LIME) and on NTN.
1. This is an aerial view of the
a. eastern slope of the Barre de l’Isle.
b. western slope of the Barre de l’Isle
c. summit of the Barre de l’Isle.
2. The height of the first bend is
a. 1,545 feet above the sea.
b. 2,545 feet above the sea.
c. 545 feet above the sea.
3. Initially the road runs from
a. east to west.
b. west to east.
c. north to south.
4. Roads that sharply turn back on themselves are called
a. wiggly curves.
b. safety pins. c. hairpin bends.
5. This road runs downhill to
c. Grande Ravine.
6. The community at the top of the scene is part of
b. Grande Riviere.
7. The traffic is
a. quite light.
c. quite heavy.
8. V___V___V indicates
a. telephone lines.
b. electric power lines.
c. water pipes.
9. The summit of the Barre de l’Isle is
a. on the same level as this part of the road.
b. above this part of the road.
c. far below this part of the road.
10. The three buildings to the left of the lower bend probably lack
a. Lucelec power.
b. Solar power.
c. Wind energy.
a. 10 b, 9 b, 8 a, 7 a, 6 c, 5 c, 4 c, 3 c, 2 a, 1 Answers:
Barre de l’Isle.