GETTITNKOGN OW YOU
By Michael Walker
Anew inter-active series of programmes from IETV to engender pride in our nation by promoting literacy and local general knowledge. The series can be viewed on channels 118 (FLOW), 102 (Karib analogue), 32 (LIME) and on NTN.
1. When was the Bordelais Facility opened?
a. 2001 b. 2003 c. 2005
2. For how many inmates was it built?
a. 400 b. 500 c. 600
3. Given the official capacity is 450 inmates, what was the average population for Bordelais in 2014?
a. 434. b. 534. c. 634.
4. The Bordelais Correctional Facility is located
a. south of Dennery. b. east of Dennery. c. north of Dennery.
5. The Bordelais Correctional Facility replaced
a. HMP Castries. b. HMP Dennery. c. HMP Vieux Fort.
6. Pre-trail detainees are called
a. Death Row inmates. b. Remand inmates. c. Juvenile delinquents.
7. Remand prisoners as a percentage of the total population in 2017 was
a. Just over one half (53.5%) b. Just over one third (36.3%) c. Just over one quarter (25.2%)
8. The number of female prisoners as a percentage of the total population in 2017 was
a. 10.5% b. 15.5% c. 2.5% 9. The number of juvenile prisoners under 18 years of age as a percentage of the total population in 2017 was a. 0.9% b. 9% c. 19% 10. The number of foreign prisoners as a percentage of the total population in 2011, the latest available statistics, was a. 0.3% b. 3.0% c. 13%
Bordelais Correctional Facility.