Stressed Out? Try This Yoga Pose
Whether you’re new or a pro, these poses are perfect for a little bit of selfcare. All you need is a yoga mat, workout clothes and a positive mindset. Namaste!
the Downward Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana) This strengthening pose will bring oxygenated blood to your whole body, making you feel more energised.
1. Kneel on the mat with your hands shoulder-width and knees hip-width apart.
2. Press your hands firmly onto the mat.
3. Plant your toes on the ground and push your body up, away from the mat. Think of it as making your body an inverted “V”.
4. Press through your hands and heels gently towards the floor to feel the stretch.
the Bound Angle (Baddha Konasana)
This hip-opener improves blood circulation to the uterus and boosts overall reproductive health.
1. Sit up straight and bend your knees to press the soles of your feet together.
2. Hold your feet with your hands.
3. Gently press your thighs and knees down.
4. Hinge your torso forward and inhale deeply to lengthen your spine.
5. Relax your head and shoulders and breathe deeply to feel the stretch.
the Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
Want to undo the damage of a desk job? This pose helps to relieve tension from both the upper and lower halves of your body.
1. Stand straight with knees slightly bent.
2. Shift your weight onto your left foot and cross your right thigh over your left.
3. Hook your right foot behind the back of your left calf.
4. Cross your left elbow over your right and bring your palms together.
5. “Sitting down” as low as you can, lift your elbows as high as possible. You should feel the stretch in your shoulder blades, hips, and ankles.
When you’re stressed out, try…
When you have menstrual cramps, try…
When you have neck and shoulder aches, try…