BANANA CAKE WITH SEA SALT GULA MELAKA GLAZE
Recipe adapted from The Malay Kitchen Recipes for Thermomix
Prep time 10 minutes Banana cake with sea Bake time 45-60 minutes salt gula depending on oven melaka glaze
180ml vegetable oil
250g Cavendish bananas (use overripe bananas for best result)
180g plain flour, plus extra for dusting 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
sea salt gula melaka glaze
50g gula melaka (melt over a double boiler) a pinch of sea salt
• Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease a loaf tin (10 cm x 23 cm) with oil and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
• Insert butterfly whisk. Place eggs, sugar and vegetable oil into the mixing bowl.
• Add bananas, mix 15 seconds/speed 5.
• Add plain flour, baking soda and baking powder, mix 45 seconds/speed 3. Transfer batter into prepared loaf tin.
• Decorate the cake with thinly sliced banana (optional).
• Bake in preheated oven (150°C) for 45-60 minutes or until a cake tester skewer comes out clean when it is inserted in the centre of the cake.
• Remove cake from the oven and immediately brush the sea salt gula Melaka glaze over the top of the cake while the cake is warm.
• Allow the cake to cool in loaf tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.