• 280 grams chopped hazelnuts
• Pâte à Choux
• 140 milliliters whole milk • 120 milliliters water
• 110 grams unsalted butter • 5 grams granulated sugar • 5 grams fine sea salt
• 130 grams bread flour
• 3 eggs
• In a pot, combine milk, water, butter, granulated sugar and salt before bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat.
• Turn down to low before adding all of the flour at once and stirring vigorously until the dough forms a smooth, stiff ball and a thick skin forms at the bottom of pot. Stir for an additional 1 to 2 minutes to dry out dough. • Transfer to stand mixer with paddle attachment and mix on medium till dough is slightly warm to touch. Add eggs one at a time. Finished dough should be firm but not stiff. Fill a pastry bag with 1/2inch star tip with dough. Pipe 3-inch circles, 2 inches apart, onto the parchment.
• Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Bake shells till deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Decrease temperature to 300F/150C and bake for another 15 minutes. Cool and store.
• 600 milliliters heavy cream • 100 grams sugar
• 75 grams praline paste
• 0.7 grams kappa carrageenan (gelling agent, can find at specialty bakestores)
• In a large saucepan, use an immersion blender to blend cream, sugar, praline paste and kappa carrageenan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Whisk vigorously for 10 seconds, turn off heat and let cream settle. Strain with a fine-mesh sieve and refrigerate overnight to set.
• 180 grams dark chocolate • 45 grams coating chocolate • 160 milliliters heavy cream • 75 milliliters water
• 75 grams granulated sugar • 35 milliliters glucose
• 10 grams cocoa powder
• Place cream, water, sugar, glucose and cocoa in a saucepan and bring to boil over mediumhigh heat. Place both chocolates in a bowl and pour the boiling liquid over chocolate. Mix using an immersion blender until glaze is very smooth.
• Using a serrated knife, cut the paris-breast shells in half horizontally. Set the bottoms aside, dip the tops of the shells into the glaze and let excess drip off. Place chocolate side up on parchment, sprinkle hazelnuts on top and let cool.
• Remove the praline cream from refrigerator and whip on high speed till stiff peaks are formed. Transfer mixture into pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe a double ring on each of the bottom halves and sprinkle hazelnuts on top. • Using an offset spatula, place the tops over the bottoms and serve immediately.