Prep 25 mins | Cook 50 mins | Serves 4
200 g Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed 50 g butter, chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
500 g sausage mince
250 g pork and veal mince
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg, whisked, plus 1 extra, whisked 1 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves 1½ sheets frozen puff pastry
6 slices prosciutto
Broccolini, beans, barbecue sauce,
1. Preheat oven to 200 C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse mushrooms until finely chopped. In a frying pan, melt butter on medium. Saute mushrooms and shallots 4 to 5 mins. Stir Dijon through. Cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine sausage mince, pork and veal mince, breadcrumbs, egg and rosemary.
4. Place 1 pastry sheet on a clean work surface. Brush one edge with egg. Place remaining ½ sheet pastry alongside, slightly overlapping edges. Press edges together to seal.
5. Arrange prosciutto slices along centre of pastry on a slight angle. Spread with mushroom mixture. Press sausage mixture on top, forming into a log. Place on tray.
6. Fold pastry over mixture to enclose, pressing to seal and trimming any excess. Roll so Wellington is seam-side down.
7. Brush pastry with remaining egg and make 3 cuts at top to allow steam to escape. Bake 40 to 45 mins until puffed and golden. Serve with steamed veggies and barbecue sauce.
Defrost frozen Wellington in fridge overnight and bake as directed.