Draw suits Myview
Thursday’s South Africa (Turffontein) preview
RACE 1 (1,600M)
(9) MYVIEW showed marked improvement over the mile on his 2nd start and should go close now with the experience.
(5) WILD FIRE will enjoy the longer trip and should come on heaps.
(6) BRAVE DETAIL finished in front of (1) CORRIDO last time and could get into the mix. (2) NATIONAL AIM , (3) PACHACUTI and (7) BUGLE PLAYER could get into the shake-up in a moderate field.
RACE 2 (1,200M)
(6) MONOPOLIZE found support on debut but was all at sea. He ran on strongly and should make a bold bid.
(1) CHIPOFFTHEOLDBLOK sports blinkers now but Gavin Lerena appears to have opted for (6) MONOPOLIZE.
Stable mate (4) FAIRBANKS improved after a rest and could make the frame.
Stable companions and newcomers (8) SLAY THE DRAGON and (9) VONTREO could win if supported.
RACE 3 (1,200M)
Hard to assess. (9) SENECA FALLS finished 3rd in both her starts and, if ready after a rest, could take honours.
(12) SEA VENTURE also comes off a rest. She has ability and may be looking for further. (1) REHAANA LASS is another that could need it. She is coupled with debutante (7) DARING DAMSEL - watch.
(5) KELLY’S ANGEL is starting to show and could get into the money.
Newcomer (8) RITCHI earn.
RACE 4 (1,600M)
(6) TRAFFIC JAM was friendless in the betting on debut but ran on strongly in the closing stages. She will know more about it.
(14) PINK will relish the longer trip but has a wide draw to overcome.
A rest could be what (7) FIRE SIDE needed – watch from pole position.
(13) NANDI’S VISION is maturing nicely and could feature.
(1) ROYAL FUTURE could get into the mix.
RACE 5 (2,600M)
(1) AERONAUTICAL has been in the money in all 3 starts and should contest the finish.
(2) EARTH SKY stays well and should be in the shake-up with Striker back aboard.
(3) THE BOSBOK has been close up in all 4 races and should be thereabouts.
(7) TONGUE TWISTER and (9) JAGESA JAGESA could make the frame.
(5) RED INVADER improved over the marathon trip but (8) FRONT PAGE NEWS wasn’t far behind him.
RACE 6 (2,000M)
(8) GIFT FOR THE GAP is just maturing now and should be ready to take on his elders over this trip. (1) STUNNED is holding form and could give him 6kg.
(6) NEW ZEALAND found all sorts of problems last time and should be thereabouts.
(2) MIYOSHI is running close up and could take home another cheque.
(3) LEE’S PICK and (4) SHANGHAI PIERCE could make up quartets.
RACE 7 (1,000M)
(3) PILLAROFTHEEARTH beat (4) ALPINE GLACIER (1kg better) by a length and had (7) SIR SPENCER (2kg better) a further 1.8 lengths behind. It could get closer all round.
(2) COPPER JAY is speedy and could take home a cheque.
(8) KEYBOOGIE needed his last run when a good 2nd and could feature.
(5) BATTLE CREEK could just need it.
(9) GALACTIC WARRIOR and (10) NITRO CHARGE could make the frame.
RACE 8 (1,000M)
The pace is going to be on from the start with speedsters (4) ISPHAN and (6) KISSABLE matching strides up front. Those that are just in their slipstream could find more to score. This includes top weights (1) ROCKY VALLEY and (2) REBEL’S CHAMP who are both in form.
(5) FREDERICO’S DREAM comes off a rest and could get tired in the latter stages.
(3) FILIPPO makes his debut in his new surroundings.