1. Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line a baking tray with paper. I use the tray that comes with the oven. If using anything smaller, line two trays with paper.
2. Melt the butter and maple syrup in a small, non-stick pan over low heat.
3. Place the nuts in a bowl. Add the butter mixture and shichimi togarashi, toss with a spoon to coat the nuts with butter and spice.
4. Spread the nuts out in one layer on the baking tray and slide it into the oven.
5. Roast 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss with a spoon and roast another 10 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven, add salt to taste – Maldon Smoked Sea Salt is good for this. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
Serves four to six with drinks.