Chilled Soba with Tofu, Grilled Corn, Edamame & Cherry Tomatoes
A healthy, hearty vegetarian option that’s perfect for lunch and dinner.
150g soba noodles
2 tbsp sesame oil
5 young corn, halved
A handful of edamame, shelled 1 pack silken tofu, cubed 10 cherry tomatoes, halved Nori seaweed (optional)
For the dressing
30ml light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 tbsp sugar
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced 2 tbsp Japanese sushi rice vinegar Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions. Strain and refresh noodles in an iced bath. Strain again, then toss the noodles with sesame oil to prevent them from sticking together. Set aside for later use.
2. Steam young corn, edamame and silken tofu in a steamer for 6 mins.
3. Using a blow torch, char young corn and cherry tomatoes for a smokey flavour.
4. Prepare the dressing. Combine soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, ginger and rice vinegar, and bring to a quick boil. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
5. Toss soba noodles and vegetables with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with nori seaweed, if desired.