Super Berry Water Kefir Mojito
Makes 1 litre EASY
A berry-scented mocktail to chase the blues away.
43g mint leaves
Juice from 1/2 lime
1L first culture water kefir
1. Prepare a 1L Fido jar, a mortar and pestle, a mesh strainer and a flip-top bottle. Avoid metal utensils (except stainless steel) when making water kefir.
2. Crush mint leaves in mortar with pestle. Add strawberries and blackberries, and crush. Lastly, add the lime juice.
4. Place all ingredients into the Fido jar containing the first culture water kefir, grains removed.
5. Leave jar in a warm spot for 12 to 48 hrs or until you achieve the desired fizz rate. Temperature should be between 20˚C to 30˚C.
6. When ready, place a hand over the lid when opening to prevent liquid from overflowing. The infusion should smell of berries, sour but clean.
7. Strain the infused liquid through a mesh strainer into a clean flip top bottle. Discard infused fruits and herbs.
8. Serve chilled with frozen berries, chia seeds and Acai berry powder for a superfood boost. Drink can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.