Easy Pork & Mushroom Fried Kway Teow
Serves 2 to 3 EASY
Healthy, hearty and a snap to make, this is an easy go-to for midweek meals.
400g fresh kway teow
2 eggs, beaten
8 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp dried prawns, soaked in water 200g minced pork, mixed with 1 tsp
Chinese wine and 1/2 tsp corn flour 2 cups chye sim, chopped
For the sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
11/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 cup water
1/2 tsp chicken stock powder Black pepper, to taste
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients, mix and set aside.
2. Fry the eggs into an omelette and slice thickly. Set aside.
3. When Chinese mushrooms have softened, slice thickly, then pour the soaking liquid and the mushrooms into the wok. Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 mins, then pour the mushrooms and liquid into the sauce mix. Set aside.
4. Add oil to the wok, heat and sauté the garlic, then add the dried prawns and minced pork. Fry for about 5 mins, then add in the chye sim and fry till withered.
5. Add in the fresh kway teow and the sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer, then toss to coat the noodles in the sauce, about 5 to 7 mins. Transfer to a dish, top with egg slices and serve hot.