Dan Dan Noodles
Serves 2 to 3 EASY
A Northern Chinese favourite that has recently become a popular one-dish meal in Singapore.
360g Shanghai-style noodles 350g minced pork
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chopped ginger
2 tbsp chopped spring onions Salt and sugar, to taste
For the sauce
240ml chicken stock
2 tbsp chilli oil
2 tbsp Chinese red wine vinegar 2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp sesame seed paste
1 tsp Szechuan pepper, ground 1/2 tsp sugar
1. Mix minced pork with corn flour and soy sauce. Set aside to marinate for 15 mins.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, mix and set aside.
3. Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water until done. Rinse under tap water, drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wok, then add pork and ginger. Stir-fry until it is beginning to turn brown. Stir in the sauce mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 to 8 mins.
5. Add in the noodles and toss to coat well in the sauce and heat through. Adjust seasoning with salt and sugar. Transfer to bowls, top with chopped spring onions and serve hot.