Makes 12 to 16 dainty profiteroles EASY These deliciously nutty profiteroles are a cinch to whip up and simply quite irresistible.
50g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
For the hazelnut cream
200g hazelnuts, roasted and skin removed
500ml heavy cream
80g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
2. Place the water and butter in a pan and simmer till the butter is melted.
3. Fold in flour. Place the pan over low heat and and stir until the mixture forms a ball and begins to come off the side of the pan.
4. Transfer from heat and cool the dough slightly.
5. Beat in the eggs gradually with a wooden spoon. (Use a standing mixer if available.) Beat until the mixture just falls from the spoon but still holds its shape. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle.
6. Pipe out the profiteroles into desired size and bake for 18 mins.
7. Prepare the hazelnut cream. Blend the nuts until you get a fine paste.
8. Whisk the cream with sugar until soft peaks, then fold in the hazelnut paste. Cool the pastry before piping in the hazelnut cream. Enjoy!