Grilled Cameron Highland Tomatoes, Spinach, Sumac, Almonds
Serves 4 EASY
This vegetarian option is a cinch to whip up and boasts a glorious medley of flavours and textures.
300g plain Greek yoghurt
500g English spinach leaves
45g purple or regular quinoa, rinsed
under running water
6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
Extra virgin olive oil, to serve and for brushing
1 tsp sumac powder*
140g blanched almonds, toasted
1. Spoon yoghurt into a muslin-lined sieve placed over a bowl. Cover with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
2. Blanch spinach in a pot of boiling water until just wilted, about 1 min. Refresh in a bowl of iced water, drain and squeeze out excess water. Set aside.
3. Place purple quinoa in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover the grains. Set quinoa aside for 10 to 15 mins until grains are tender. Drain through a sieve to remove any excess water, and stir with a fork to separate grains.
4. Preheat a char-grill or barbecue to medium-high heat.
5. Brush tomatoes with extra-virgin olive oil and season with sea salt. Grill tomatoes, cut-side down, until just tender, turning once, about 3 to 4 mins for each side.
6. Add spinach to quinoa and toss to combine. Scatter over a platter, then top with grilled tomatoes and spoonfuls of yoghurt. Scatter sumac powder and toasted almonds over, then drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
*Available on RedMart.com