Bicycling (South Africa)
DEAL WITH STUBBORN TYRES WHEN CHANGING A FLAT
• Use soapy water to help the tyre slip into place. Just don’t get it on your hands.
• Use the palms of your hands instead of your thumbs to work the tyre off or on, since they’re stronger.
• Make sure the bead core is sitting deep into the rim, rather than just resting on the hook. That makes the diameter of the rim slightly smaller, and can make the difference with a really tight bead.
• Heat up the tyre to get it to stretch more.
• Use tools other than plastic tyre levers – they can easily damage the tube, tyre, or worse, the rim. –