Easy meringue recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 2 hours Serves: 6
4 egg whites
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon (5ml)
Mint leaves, for serving
Crushed nuts, for serving
Cocoa, for serving 1. Preheat the oven to 100˚C.
2. With an electric beater, whisk egg whites in a bowl until a soft peak forms.
3. Gradually add sugar, whisking between each addition until it dissolves. Continue to whisk on high for 2–3 minutes.
4. Add vanilla extract and mix.
5. Spoon mixture onto a nonstick baking mat. Bake for 1½–2 hours or until cooked through. Leave meringues in the oven to cool.
6. Dip into chocolate sauce, and let it set.
7. Serve with chocolate sauce, mint leaves, crushed nuts and cocoa.