Where to eat, drink, have fun
DEC 8 TO 15 ON SATURDAY
● Join museum scientist, Kevin Cole for a talk celebrating the 80th anniversary of the discovery of the coelacanth by Marjorie Courtenay Latimer. Talk starts at 2.30pm at MCL Hall at the EL Museum and is free of charge. Contact 043-743-0686 for more details.
● Visit the SPCA from noon to 3pm for a SPCA kiddies picnic with Santa. Registration is R50 per child and it includes picnic lunch. Kids are also encouraged to bring a present for the furbabies – a bag of cat or dog food, toys or treats. For details contact Margaret Pautz on 043-745-1441.
● Visit the Alexander Playhouse at 7.30pm for the final performance of ‘A Christmas Spectacular’ presented by EPLAS. Tickets are R100 per person and are available at Lee Gold.
● Catch Kelvin Alston performing some of his hit singles at Legends Showcase from 7pm. Alston will also be joined by Mean Mr Mustard frontman, Mark Beling. Tickets are R100 per person and are available at Lee Gold Music, Legends Showcase and Legends School of Contemporary Music or on Quicket.
● Enjoy the Solo Club Xmas Dance at St Lutheran Church Hall, Edge Road, Beacon Bay from 7pm. Entry is R80 per person including dinner. For more information and bookings contact Georg Solms at [email protected]
● The Acacia Tree Moonlight Market is taking place at Tea in the Trees from 4pm, also including a 5km fun run at R50 per person. For details contact Kate Bosazza on 072611-2367.
● The Rockets and Rhema will be live in song at the Guild Theatre from 7pm. Tickets are available at computicket at R180 per person.
● Don’t miss the Metro FM Heatwave at the Buffalo City Stadium from noon. Tickets at R160 per person are available at Computicket. VIP tickets are R500.
● Visit the NG Kerk Wesheuwels from 9am for a Christmas market.
● Catch Calvary Carols Spectacular at the Calvary Christian Church (70 Tennyson Street, Quigney) at 4.30pm and 7pm. The event is free and open to the public. For more information visit www.calvarycc.global
● The East London Cantata Choir will be presenting Night of Miracles at St Johns Anglican Church from 4pm.
Entry is free.
● Don’t miss A Lad ‘n a Lamp Pantomime at the Guild Theatre from 7pm. Tickets from R80 per person are available at Computicket. The show runs until December 14 and then again from December 20 to 23.
● Enjoy a dinner evening from 6.30pm at Madisons Market Cafe. Cost is R250 per person and bookings are essential. Contact Tarryn Petzer on 082-442-8621 for more information and bookings.
● Visit Beacon Bay Retail Park for the Late Night Carnival. Stores will be open until 8pm and photos with Santa will take place from 6pm. Contact 043-748-4660 for more information.
● Don’t miss the Carols by Candlelight evening organised by the Port Rex Lions at 18 Muir Street, Southernwood in East London from 6.30pm to 8pm. Please bring a blanket and picnic basket as well as stationery supplies, groceries or monetary donations for Meals on Wheels and the East London Child & Youth Care Centre. Candles will be on sale for R5.
● Catch Jesse Clegg live at Emerald Vale Brewery from 6pm. Tickets available from Computicket or at Emerald Vale at R120 for adults and R60 for kids 12 years old and younger and kids under-2 free. Contact 043-738-5397 for more information.
● Enjoy a three-day ride by joining the Wild Coast Tour from Kei Mouth to Kob Inn. Visit www.wildcoastadventures.co.za for more information and tickets.
● Catch the Buyel’Ekhaya fashion show at Hemingways Mall from 7pm. Admission is free.
● Don’t miss the final instalment of the Fine and Fabulous Market for 2018 at the Waterberry in Kidd’s Beach. Entry is R10 per person and the market runs from 11am to 3pm.
● Visit Maren Oppi-Plaas for a spectacular display of Christmas lights and a bring and braai from 5pm. Entry is any amount as a donation for charity. Contact Patricia Foxcroft on 073-782-6170 for more information. *ANY COOL EVENT YOU WANT TO TELL US ABOUT? Fax 043 748-1723 or e-mail [email protected]patch.co.za before noon on a Tuesday. The Dispatch reserves the right to publish or discard any information