BAKED PERI-PERI CHICKEN AND ONIONS
I’M ALWAYS THINKING OF NEW WAYS TO MAKE CHICKEN MORE EXCITING. ADDING SPICY, HOMEMADE PERI-PERI TO IT IS A GREAT WAY OF DOING THAT.
YOU WILL NEED:
8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
2 onions, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper
4 spring onions, finely chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lemon 3 cloves garlic, finely minced 1 red chilli, finely chopped 10ml (2 tsp) cayenne pepper 5ml (1 tsp) paprika
30ml (2T) tomato paste 300ml (1¼ cups) tomato juice 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place the chicken portions and onions in a roasting dish and season to taste.
3. Mix together the spring onions, lemon zest and juice, garlic, chilli, cayenne pepper, paprika, tomato paste, tomato juice and honey. Pour this sauce over the chicken.
4. Place in oven and roast for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes during roasting.
5. Serve with roast potatoes or sweet potato wedges.