WAYS TO USE LESS PLASTIC
* Remind adults to use cloth bags instead of plastic bags when you go shopping. They should also avoid buying products wrapped in plastic.
* Give up gum as most chewing gums are made from synthetic rubber aka plastic.
* Stop using plastic straws, even in restaurants. Only use straws if they’re made from paper or corn starch. You can also buy a reusable stainless steel, glass or bamboo straw.
* Ask your parents to buy products such as laundry detergent that come in cardboard boxes instead of plastic bottles.
* Take a reusable bottle with you to fill up with water. Remind your parents to take a reusable mug if they buy takeaway coffee.
* If you’re buying takeaways ask your parents to bring their own containers. Many restaurants use Styrofoam, which local municipalities don’t usually recycle.
* Ask your parents to pack your lunch in reusable containers and bags.