BROCCOLI SANG CHOI BAU
Broccoli and shiitake mushrooms combine in a fresh take on the classic wrap. Serve it with rice for a more substantial meal.
• 750g broccoli (about 4 heads), cut into pieces
• 200g shiitake mushrooms, halved and stalks trimmed • 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 30g ginger (about 6cm), finely grated
• 3 garlic cloves, finely grated • ¼ cup chopped stems and 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
• 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 2 tbsp tamari [gluten-free soya] • 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp honey • coarsely chopped tamari almonds and iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
1. Process the broccoli and mushrooms in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
2. Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic, coriander stems and chilli, and stir-fry until fragrant (1 minute). Add the broccoli mixture and stir-fry until it starts to colour but still has some crunch (30 seconds to 1 minute). Then add the tamari, lemon juice and honey, and toss to coat.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped coriander. Transfer to a serving bowl, top with the almonds and serve with lettuce leaves and extra coriander leaves. Note Tamari is available at health food shops.