SPICY ROASTED PUMPKIN WITH FETA AND OLIVES
Serves 6 as a side Prep and cook time: 50 minutes • 1 teaspoon ground cumin • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper • ¼ cup (60ml) pure maple syrup • ¼ cup (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil • 800g Kent or Jap pumpkin,
cut into wedges • 8 cloves garlic, bruised • 100g pitted black olives,
halved • 100g feta cheese • 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Combine the cumin, cayenne, maple syrup and oil in a small jug.
3. Place the pumpkin and garlic in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with the maple syrup mixture and toss until well coated. Season.
4. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
5. Serve the pumpkin and garlic topped with the olives, crumbled feta and parsley. ✤