HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO TIGHTEN UP SECURITY OVER THE HOLIDAYS:
timers for the lights, inside and outside. Solar-powered LED lights are costeffective because they don’t operate on electricity and are typically activated by motion detectors, though you can set them to switch on and off at specific times.
• Regularly check that your alarm and electric fencing are working.
• Smart locks are keyless: choose between a radio frequency card or PIN code to operate the lock. It’s for doors that open inward only.
• High walls and hedges could help intruders avoid being seen. Make sure your property isn’t completely hidden from view.
• Install an anti-lift device on your security gate so it can’t be taken off its rails. Secure your gate motor with an antitheft bracket.
• Be smart about who you let into your home: keep a close eye on anyone you hire, and keep valuables out of sight.
• Uncollected post is a sure sign that no one is home.
Consider installing •