Finweek English Edition
on the money quiz & crossword
Test your general knowledge with our latest quiz. You can complete it online via fin24.com/finweek from 20 September.
1. Steinhoff has said that its 50.1%-owned Mattress Firm is evaluating strategic options. In which country does the store chain operate?
■ South Africa
■ United States
2. True or False? The Electoral Commission of SA has reopened the process to register candidates for the upcoming local government elections, after a Supreme Court of Appeal ruling.
3. South African Reserve Bank governor Lesetja Kganyago has called for a shift in SA’s inflation targeting to a specific percentage near the bottom of the current range. What is the current range?
■ 3% to 4%
■ 3% to 5%
■ 3% to 6%
4. Roughly how many people did the US help evacuate from Afghanistan during the two weeks between the fall of Kabul and their withdrawal?
■ 150 000
■ 100 000
■ 50 000 5. The CEO and trustees of the Johannesburg farm where Nelson Mandela once hid and which served as the underground headquarters of the liberation movement are reported to be squaring off over a funding dispute involving millions of rand. What is the name of the farm?
6. True or False? Africell has said it is ending operations in Uganda, where it has faced tough competition from Vodacom.
7. South Africans who lost out in the collapse of Mirror Trading International (MTI), the bitcoin-trading platform that was placed into final liquidation, will have to wait until what month next year to hear whether it will be declared an illegal business operation?
8. True or False? The Chinese government has banned children from playing video games on school nights, claiming it is unhealthy.
9. Which pharmaceutical company is in talks to make Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine under license in South Africa?
■ Adcock Ingram
10.How many medals did Team South Africa win at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games?