10 Easy steps to changing your tyre
Check out this easy step-bystep guide to changing a flat tyre. Who needs a knight in shining armour anyway?
• If you’re in a public space, make sure to turn on your hazard lights first.
• Once your car is on level ground, remove the spare tyre, jack, screwdriver and spanner, and check the owner’s manual for instructions on where to place the jack.
• Loosen the wheel nuts – you just need to turn once. Jack up the car to the point where the wheel turns easily.
• Use the screwdriver to loosen the wheel cover if applicable, then use the spanner and turn anti-clockwise to loosen the wheel nuts.
• Hold the tyre as steady as possible and pull it straight towards you to remove it.
• Using the spare tyre, align the holes on the spare tyre with the bolts on the car and fit the tyre.
• Screw the wheel nuts onto the bolts, first by hand, then lightly using the spanner, but don’t tighten them fully just yet.
• Lower your car, disengage the jack and remove it once the tyre touches the ground.
• Now use the spanner to tighten the bolts properly. Start with one and then tighten the one directly opposite it, repeat until they’re all as tight as you can get them.
• Snap the wheel cover back in place, pack up the spare and tools into the boot.