Chakalaka chicken nachos
Preparation time 10 minutes Cooking time 15 minutes
• 3 chicken breast fillets, in bite-sized pieces
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tin (400 g) mild chakalaka
• 1 tin (400 g) red kidney beans, drained
• handful fresh spinach, chopped • ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped • 250 g tortilla chips
• 1 cup grated mozzarella
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced • 1 big ripe avocado, in cubes
1 Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the oil to an ovenproof pan and fry the chicken until golden brown. Add the chakalaka, beans and spinach and cook until the mixture is heated through. Add the coriander and remove the pan from the heat.
2 Preheat the oven’s grill element. Arrange the tortilla chips upright in concentric circles in the chicken mixture (or layer them in an oven dish). Scatter over the cheese and onion. Put the pan under the element until the cheese has melted and the chips start to change colour. Serve hot with fresh avocado. Sour cream on the side also goes well with the nachos.