Depression is Real
What are the symptoms of depression?
1. Feeling extremely sad, down and depressed
2. Loss of interest in activities which were previously of interest ( hobbies)
3. Feeling of worthlessness and guilt
5. Increased levels of sleeping
6. Increased or decreased appetite
7. Extreme weight gain/ loss
8. Loss of concentration
9. Social withdrawal and isolation
10. Suicidal thoughts
11. Decreased energy and fatigue
12. Decreased sex drive
13. Unable to do things for yourself. e. g. ( cleaning the house or bathing yourself)
15. Decreased work performance
16. Morning fatigue
17. Constant head and back aches, heaviness of arms and legs
Where to get help?
“You can visit your nearest clinic or see your doctor if you identify five of these previous symptoms listed and have been recurring for most days and more than two weeks.
You can also help a friend or family member who is suffering from depression to get help before it’s too late. Your mere presence and support means a lot to them. Depression can be treated through medication and psychotherapy.”