ALSO LAST MONTH…
• Mamelodi Sundowns issue a strong denial to former Vaal Professionals player Peter Khoabane’s allegations that he was paid to fix a match in Masandawana’s favour in the late 1990s.
• Stuart Baxter becomes the second Kaizer Chiefs coach in the PSL era to be in charge for 100 DStv Premiership games. He brings up his century in the Soweto Derby win over Orlando Pirates. He is still some way behind Muhsin Ertugral (156 games) though.
• The DStv Premiership game between AmaZulu and Marumo Gallants has to be postponed for 24 hours after a clash if kits. Both clubs are set to face a PSL Disciplinary Committee.
• Baroka FC midfielder Gerald Phiri Jnr completes a move to Sudanese side Al Hilal.
• Bafana Bafana star Percy Tau scores twice on debut for Al Ahly in their 4-1 Egyptian Premier League win over Ismaily.
• TS Galaxy get a first win of the season in the DStv Premiership at the ninth attempt after netting a late winner against Baroka FC.
• Al Ahly coach Pitso Mosimane is nominated for the International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) Manager of the Year award for 2021 alongside names such as Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane.
• Kaizer Chiefs retire the No. 20 jersey in honour of club legend Howard Freese. They do so for the former Amakhosi captain’s “significant” contributions to the club.
• Former Platinum Stars coach Allan Freese is back in the GladAfrica Championship after being appointed as the new head coach of Cape Town All Stars.
• Polokwane City replace coach Innocent Mayoyo with former Royal Eagles tactician Phuthi Morafe. TTM bring in former Moroka Swallows coach Zeca Marques to lead their squad.
• Second-tier Cape Town Spurs appoint former Bafana Bafana striker Shaun Bartlett as their new head coach.