SMOKED SNOEK & PUMPKIN FRITTERS
FOR THE FRITTERS
• 200g smoked snoek, bones removed and finely flaked • 200g ricotta cheese, crumbled • 1 cup cooked and mashed pumpkin, all water squeezed out • 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 tbsp psyllium husk • 2 tbsp coconut flour • 1 tsp baking powder • 7g fresh parsley, finely chopped • Himalayan salt and white pepper • 3 tbsp coconut oil, for shallow frying
• 1 cup crème fraîche • fresh parsley leaves, to garnish • 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. For the fritters: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, season well and stir to combine.
2. Shape the fritter mixture into 8 rounds. Heat a frying pan and add the coconut oil. Cook each fritter for 3–4 minutes on each side or until they are golden and crispy.
3. Drain the fritters on paper towel.
4. To serve: Serve the fritters hot with dollops of crème fraîche, garnished with parsley and with lemon wedges on the side.