SMOKY BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH COCONUT CREAM SAUCE
• 500g Brussels sprouts • 2 cups home-made chicken or vegetable stock • 2 tbsp coconut oil • ¼ tsp smoked paprika • ¾ cup coconut cream • juice of ½ a lemon • Himalayan salt and black pepper • 50g almond flakes, toasted, to serve • 5g fresh parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
1. Bring the sprouts and stock to a simmer in a pot until the sprouts have softened. Strain off the cooking liquid.
2. Add the coconut oil and cook the sprouts, swirling the pan until they have turned golden.
3. Sprinkle the paprika into the pot and add the coconut cream and lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes and season well.
4. To serve: Serve the sprouts warm, with almonds and chopped parsley sprinkled on top.