WHOLE TROUT WITH FESTIVE STUFFING
• 2 whole trout (approximately 400g each), gutted and cleaned for stuffing • Himalayan salt and black pepper • 3 lemons, sliced (reserve one for serving) • watercress, to garnish
FOR THE STUFFING
• 300g cauliflower, broccoli & kale rice, pan-fried until golden • 50g whole almonds, chopped • ¼ cup crème fraîche • 50g Pecorino cheese, grated • 1 egg, beaten • Himalayan salt and black
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C. Place the trout on a surface and season it well, both inside and on the surface of the skin. Line the trout cavities with lemon slices.
2. For the stuffing: Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl and season it well. Spoon the stuffing into the cavities and secure the trout with string.
3. Bake the trout for 30 minutes or until it is cooked through.
4. To serve: Remove the string, slice each trout into three portions and serve with lemon slices and watercress.