RING in the festive season with these irresistible season buys.
IF you’re feeling more like the Grinch instead of a citizen of Whoville when Christmas rolls around because you don’t sprinkle holiday décor around your home, this year calls for a change of attitude. ’Tis the most wonderful time of the year after all! Celebrating and décorating for the festivities shouldn’t be seen as a chore, but rather a host of fun activities through which you can upgrade your home with extra stylish seasonal cheer. These buys are so pretty you’ll want to leave them up year-round!
1. THE countdown to Christmas seems to be getting earlier and earlier each year, but on the plus side this means more time to shop for those must-have décor items to get your home ready for the festive season. Count down the days to Christmas with an advent calendar. This one has 24 numbered drawers for special treats.
Silver Advent Calendar: R232, Next
2. THERE’S nothing more important for your Christmas dining than a show-stopping centrepiece. But what about investing in one that can adorn the dining room table all year round? A classic candelabra is a must-have for any home pre- or post-Christmas.
Three Arm Metal Candelabra: R399.99, Mr Price Home
3. ISN’T it such a waste to spend all that time wrapping beautiful gifts when you know, come December 25, it will be all on the floor? Show them off before then! Line your staircase with the meticulously wrapped presents or arrange boxes at the foot of the bed so you’ll wake up to a holiday display every morning. It’s a simple way to add to the ambience of a room.
Gold Glitter Washi Tape: R45, Must Love Party
4. ONE of the most enjoyable rituals of the silly season is no doubt décorating the tree with copious amounts of lights, tinsel, plastic stars and an assortment of reindeer. Tree ornaments could be ones that have been passed down through generations or you could be starting afresh with a modern take on the tradition. Our advice? Make sure the tree is the focal point of your Chrismas décor and that it reflects your personal and home’s style.
Woodlands Christmas Mouse: R85, Woolworths
Iridescent White 1.8m Christmas Tree: R2 450, TakeALot
5. TAKE the festivities outside too. Hang fairy lights over landscaping features to illuminate your back yard. Drape them around trellises, birdbaths and fountains.
This also makes for a gorgeous outdoor entertaining area.
Icicle Lights: R250, Glo Lighting
6. IF you want to spend Kristmas like Kylie would, don’t forget to add rose-gold features to your setup.
Rose Gold Sequin Table Runner: R150, Randz Distributors
Rose Gold Vase: R999, UFO Furnishers Champagne Flute: R85, Poetry
7. GET baking! If the smell of freshly baked ginger bread cookies doesn’t put you in the mood for celebrations, nothing really will. Complement the season with a fragrant backdrop of yummy seasonal scents.
Santa And Friends Cookie Cutters (Set Of Four): R149, Kitchen Craft
White Basics Diamonds Three-Tier Cake Stand: R399, Maxwell & Williams
8. WHAT’S more OTT and trendy than glitter and gold? Glam it up this holiday season with a palette of glitter and gold. Gold-dipped table accents, a shiny table runner or all-out glittered underplates – the possibilities are endless!
Katie Alice Stainless Steel Cutlery (Set Of 16): R999, Yuppiechef
Swank Round Side Plate: R99, Maxwell & Williams
Fir Tree Décoration: R369, Zara Home