One of the wheels came off my wheelie bin. No mat­ter how hard I look, I can’t find a re­place­ment any­where.

Popular Mechanics (South Africa) - - Contents -

Nope. You just need to know what to ask for. These small plas­tic wheels are some­times called push-cap wheels. The lit­tle hat-shaped odd­ity that se­cures them is called a push cap, a hat nut, or a cap-nut. Slide out the axle and re­move the re­main­ing wheel and take it to a hard­ware store, where a sales­per­son should be able to help you find an­other. You can also look on­line. Mea­sure the di­am­e­ter of the wheel first, to be sure you’re get­ting the right fit. Di­am­e­ters of 150-, 175- and 200 mm are com­mon. For not very much money, you can buy your­self a few more years of use – in­stead of a new bin.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.