Join POSTChat today by liking our Facebook page, POST Newspaper, and sharing your views on the stories and issues that are making headlines
WIFE KILLED, HUSBAND CRITICAL IN WARWICK AVENUE ROBBERY:
● Dhaneshwar Aniruth: Taking out the competition … Hope they find those responsible and take them out.
● Reshmika Muthumanikam: Oh my, Zain was such a pleasant person.
● Michelle Chetty: Two young kids lost their mother. Who knows what could happen to their dad. And you know what, life will just go on for everyone else.
VICTIMS DYING WORDS REVEAL SUSPECTED KILLER:
● Colleen Thomas: Omg so sad. Hope the tenant gets exactly what he deserves. The community must stand together and boot the daylights out of him.
● Vanashree Beharie: This was really sad. I feel privileged to have known such a warm, kind person.
● Seema Maharaj: RIP beautiful soul. But sorry we can’t promise you justice. All he will get is a prison cell with a bed, his meals on time and all other privileges like the other criminals in our country
TRIPLE MURDER ACCUSED WILL SPEND CHRISTMAS BEHIND BARS:
● Ronitha Govender: It makes no difference if he was a gospel singer, the fact is he committed a crime and he should be punished. Innocent lives were (allegedly) taken by this monster.
● Niki Moodley: What’s sad about that? He’ll still eat and have a bed to sleep in plus he’ll have visitors. Let him rot behind bars.
● Vishen Sholan Kanhai: How can they mention his name but they can't mention the name of the Dros rapist?
● Ssr Maharaj: Good. Let him suffer there.
● Zarina Muruvan: Good news.
SMACKING YOUR CHILD COULD LAND YOU IN JAIL:
● Rouksana Aziz: Not disciplining your children could land them behind bars one day … Just a thought.
● Jeevash Kumar Singh: There’s no government in the world that will tell me how to discipline my children. My house, my government, my rules.
● Darshana Beharie: That is why the kids of today don't think twice about raising a hand to a teacher or an adult. Clearly the people who passed this law have no kids or just don't care.
● Anand Harilall: When you feed, clothe, educate and provide medical care, housing, love and attention when my kids need help, then you can tell me how to raise my kids. Until then, go to hell and focus on keeping crime down and all of us from getting robbed, raped and/or killed.
● Elaine Carol Barrat: I am waiting for someone to tell me how to raise my sons … I am waiting.
‘BEATEN BUT NOT BROKEN’ AUTHOR RECEIVES THREATENING MESSAGES:
● Meena Jumna: I don’t understand why she does not name her abuser. Why be upset about the abuse yet protect the abuser. Isn’t she sending mixed signals to other women in similar situations?
● Sona Martins: There are legal implications. But I agree he should be named and shamed.
● Nolas Maharas: Take him on girl. Expose him to the public.
● Malani Naicker: Don’t fear God’s on your side fighting for you. The wicked shall fall and wither away like grass. We ladies will stand by you.
HIGH ROLLERS UP FOR CASINO FRAUD AT SIBAYA:
● Don Ramburam: How did he do it, asking for a friend?
● Ryan Pillay: Dealers know where they spin.
● Nirvani Pillay: For such a small race in SA, there are far too many Indians gambling. Go spend your hard-earned money on more valuable life experiences like travelling. Every single casino has a higher percentage of Indians as patrons. Ridiculous!
● Gavin Trance Gounden: So is this Sibaya Casino & Entertainment Kingdom admitting that the roulette table can be controlled by their croupier?
● Nishaye Sewlal Padayachee: That’s over 400 000 so it does not fall under magistrate’s court jurisdiction.