Art, expos, festivals
● Every Picture Tells a Story – an exhibition by Aleta Michaletos. Runs from tomorrow to December 11. Walkabout with the artist at 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday. Aleta Michaletos Studio, 20A The Loop, Lynnwood. Tel: 012 361 6777.
● SA Old Masters runs until November 14 at Alette Wessels Kunskamer, Maroelana, 012 346 0728.
● Stolen Goods – mixed media works by Andre Naude. Ends November 4. Association of Arts, 173 Mackie St, New Muckleneuk. Tel: 012 346 3100.
● Departure – a decade of works by Joe de Beer. Ends Thursday at Centurion Art Gallery, cnr Cantonments Rd and Unie Ave. Tel: 012 358 3477.
● From Above and Beyond – works by Marlise Keith, Eric Duplan and Elfriede Dreyer. Ends November 14. Fried Contemporary Gallery, 430 Charles St, Brooklyn. Tel: 012 346 0158.
● Envisagé – paintings by Stefan Hofmeyr, Michele Loubser, Martin de Kock, Melani Jacobs and others. Ends November 9. Gallery at Duncan Yard, cnr Duncan and Prospect sts, Hatfield. Tel: 082 826 1298.
● Latest works by Michael Heyns, on show until November 15;
Summer Exhibition – porcelain, sculptures, ceramics, jewellery, paintings, glass etc by Barry Dibb, Esra Bosch, Anton Bosch, Michael Heyns, Bettie Cilliers-Barnard. Ends November 15. Kuns Uniek, 331 Chappies Rd, Lynnwood. Tel: 012 361 6927.
● Enviro Art Wow Exhibition – Work by 30 South African artists on show this month and next. National Cultural History Museum (African Window), 149 Visagie St. Tel: 012 324 6092.
● Christmas Exhibition of antique jewellery. On show from Wednesday to the end of December. Paisley’s, Shop 345, Brooklyn Mall, cnr Fehrsen and Lange sts, New Muckleneuk. Tel: 012 346 7676.
● Art exhibition with work by Stefan Hofmeyer, Spook, Heila van Rensburg and others at Pheasant Hill Nursery, Irene. Cheese and wine on opening night, Saturday, from 4pm. Runs until November 2. Call Warren at 083 533 3566 or see www.pheasanthill.co.za for directions.
● Heartwarm – exhibition by Adele Adendorff, Lothar Bottcher, Cecily Pohl and others. Ends Friday. Platform on 18th, 232 18th Ave, Rietondale. Tel: 073 244 8397 or 084 764 4258.
● Polly Street/Rorke’s Drift – abstract forms by Lucky Sibiya. Corobrik
Collection, ceramic exhibition; A Story of South African Art; Discarded Beauty by Jerome Fortin. Ends on Sunday;
Study Collection. Information Centre, Pretoria Art Museum, Park St. Tel: 012 344 1807.
● Our World Unfiltered – by Angela Banks and Craig Muller. Ends November 5 at Tina Skukan Gallery, Plot 6, Koedoeberg Rd, Faerie Glen. Tel: 012 991 1733.
● Glazecor Regional Ceramics
Exhibition. Ends Sunday at Eduardo Villa Museum, University of Pretoria, Old Merensky Library. Tel: 012 420 4017.
● Boarding House – a photographic exhibition by Roger Ballen. Ends October 31. Pretoria University, Merensky Library, Level 3, Hatfield Campus. Tel: 012 420 4291.
● Open day is being held at Open Window Campus, Southdowns College, Southdowns, Irene, on Saturday from 10am to 3pm at Irene Country Lodge Hotel Conference Gymnasium. It is a showcase of students’ work from different departments. There will be a music show taking place at noon. Tel: 012 470 8680/1.
Louis Minnaar’s Skateboard, one of the works by students at Open Window Campus on display at the open day tomorrow.