Celebrate Madiba's legacy
It’s hard not to be inspired by the life of former President Nelson Mandela, so why not support and celebrate his centenary with these Mandela-themed products. From wines and teas to accessories 1. Spoil yourself or a loved one with one of these Nelson Mandela 95th Remembrance Medallions, House of Mandela, from R4 000.
2. Indulge in these House of Mandela wines. Try either the Thembu Collection 2017 Chardonnay or Thembu Collection 2016 Merlot, available at most liquor stores including Norman Goodfellows and Ultra Liquors, from R100.
3. There’s everything to love about this four-piece Mandela coaster set by and collectibles, there are lots of products that bear Madiba’s name or semblance, and a portion of the funds raised through the sale of some products go towards a worthy cause.
Native Décor, zando.co.za, R299.
4. While this cookbook may not carry Mandela’s name or image, The
Great South African Cookbook was released in 2016 in conjunction with the Nelson Mandela Foundation. The royalties from the sales go towards the developing and supporting community food and agricultural projects, YuppieChef.co.za, R495.
5. Enriched with antioxidants,
Mandela Tea carries a range of organic teas indigenous to South Africa from rooibos to buchu and honeybush. They are available at various stores including Wellness Warehouse, R100 for a reusable tin of 20s.
6. The sale of the special 100 Years Mandela Beaded Bracelets go towards the Nelson Mandela School Library Project. Buy them in packs of 10 for R495 or individually from selected stores such as Toy Kingdom and Cape Union Mart for