‘COURGETTI’ WITH BASIL, MINT AND PINE NUTS
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped ½ handful fresh basil, roughly chopped ½ handful fresh mint, roughly chopped 2 tbsp capers, roughly chopped 2 tsp apple cider vinegar 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil 400g courgette spaghetti (slice thinly, or see lesson on spiralising in the book) 3 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Salt and black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix garlic, basil, mint, capers and vinegar.
2. Get a pan ridiculously hot and add the olive oil.
3. Drop the courgetti in – it must sizzle – and cook until it’s wilted and has a little colour. I would recommend doing this in two batches; if you put too much in the pan at once, it will release its juices and boil – not great.
4. Once both batches of courgetti are cooked, toss them in the herb mixture.
5. Now, tip the courgetti onto a platter and sprinkle them with pine nuts, salt, pepper and a glug of olive oil.
Goes Well With:
Carciofi alla Romana, Roasted Broccoli, Whole Bird Spatchcock